Celebrate Your Dream Wedding while Taking Care of the Environment
At Bite, we believe that being environmentally responsible should be a natural part of celebrating life’s moments -- after all we want to make sure your kids and grandkids can do the same. We offer a wide range of options that can help you highlight the natural wonders of the earth or you can just sleep easy knowing that we’ve naturally taken steps to reduce the environmental footprint of your event.
Green Wedding Ideas
Green Venue selection
- LEED Certified Venue: We can help you compare and select from a number of venues across Los Angeles that have undergone the rigorous LEED certification
- Conservancy: Another thought is to utilize a chapel or venue that highlights natural beauty and help them to support efforts to conserve and protect these treasured spaces
Menu design to reduce dishes:
- Consider a family-style service, which not only reduces waste but also ensures a family style communal feel to your green wedding feast.
- Consider opting out of traditional china and flatware and glassware rentals in favor of 100% green disposables - no dishwashing (chemicals and water) required with the added benefit of controlling rental costs. Our amazing leafware is beautiful and eco-friendly!
- Consider welcoming your guests with a “signature” cocktail with their name on the glass! We can design custom labels and invite guests to “be green” and reuse their glassware
Options to reduce carbon footprint for event:
- Organic and seasonal menus utilizing local farms
- Purchasing carbon offsets for travel
- Use hybrid or electric vehicles for the send-off
- Arrange shuttle service to/ from hotels or carpooling instead of individual cars
Bite’s commitment to reducing our environmental footprint:
We've already taken steps to do the right thing so you don't have to think about it
- Controlling the amount of disposables we use by utilizing reusable storage and transport containers wherever possible
- Recycling our kitchen oil to be used as bio fuel
- The front line of any environmental initiative is to recycle waste - we recycle all acceptable plastics, metals, glass, and wherever possible reuse packaging to protect event equipment in transit
- For clients who request disposable ware we have substituted alternative disposables made from corn, palm, bamboo, balsa and bagasse. These revolutionary products are compostable and will completely biodegrade within 6 months. By utilizing these and other methods we have reduced our landfill contribution by an estimated 75%.
- Focus on local vendors and produce thus reducing the time and transportation requirement - sourcing organic produce wherever possible
- Work with our partners to obtain an amazing selection of heritage breeds and sustainable seafood and will make these cuts available to our customers for a naturally connected experience.
Other things to think about for your green wedding:
- We have awesome relationships with really unique, offbeat venues that are hip to the green wedding vibe featuring vintage decor and unique spaces
- Talk to us about our floral options - our florists focus on seasonal and local flower varieties which ensures the freshest and more beautiful arrangements!
- Ask us about our eco-friendly menus and “green” bars!