Rehearsal Dinner Celebration
The planning is done, decision made and your loved ones are arriving in town. It's the eve of your wedding and it's finally time for you to relax and savor before the excitement of the big day. The rehearsal dinner is a wonderful opportunity to relish this special moment with good friends and family in an intimate setting. Depending on the guest list and budget, and the wishes of the hosts, the event can be anything from a formal banquet to a casual outdoor picnic..
Rehearsal Dinner Design
- The rehearsal dinner is typically held the night before the wedding, directly after the ceremony run-through. Despite its name, however, it can be a lunch, or even a brunch. No pressure! The pace can be informal and leisurely. But if it is a dinner, plan for it to end early enough to give everyone a chance to get plenty of rest before the big day.
- Custom designed menus to reflect event themes - Whoever throws the party should definitely confer with the bride and groom to avoid any conflict with the theme, menu, or decorations of the wedding.
- nly those who will actually take part in the rehearsal -- the bride and groom, their parents, the officiant, the wedding party (including any child attendants), and readers -- plus their spouses or dates, need to be invited to the rehearsal itself and the festivities that follow. But the guest list for the dinner may be longer. You might want to include other family members (such as grandparents) and close friends, for example. And many couples invite their out-of-town guests as well, making the dinner into a welcoming party.
- The style of the rehearsal dinner can complement the wedding, but it should not copy or overshadow it. Contrast and variety is fun!
Rehearsal Dinner Planning Inspiration
- Consider a casual picnic-style r cocktail-style rehearsal dinner in the backyard to contrast with a more formal reception the next day.
- Go for a theme! Perhaps the country/destination the couple is travelling to for their honeymoon! Alternately let us design a menu to reflect where the couple hails from - lobster rolls for the Boston bride and deep dish pizza for the Chicago group.
- Consider a "His" and "Her" Signature cocktail.